Comparing Experiences


After reading all my partner’s articles about their experiences learning a foreign language, I have seen that many of us had the same experiences.


As Judith and Núria Rodríguez said, we had to read some compulsory task chosen by the teachers. I also think that teachers could give some options of books that we could read to make it more enjoyable.


I really like the reading plan that Marta Miguel did in her 6th grade, where they went to nursey school to tell English Stories. I think that it’s a good way to involve children in practicing reading and speaking and they have to do an effort to be understood by the small children.


In the other hand, with the point of view as a teacher, and as some of my partners said, I think that it’s important to adapt the stories and the methodologies to the different ages. As Núria Rodríguez and Judith said, I think that the best resource with younger children is storytelling. Like they said, I also like to use a visual support like flashcards, the illustrations or puppets because children can understand better the story and pay more attention.


With the older, as some of my partners said, I think that we have to encourage children to read different types of texts and books and give them some options of compulsory books to let them choose the most enjoyable for them.

Comentaris

Entrades populars d'aquest blog

Multilingualism in Barcelona

Age effects on foreign language learning